First Line Service Engineer (English Language Support)
The Responsibilities of the Role:
- You will monitor Supplier, Destination and VIP-customer performance against pre-set thresholds.
- You will follow-up on quality issues reported by different departments towards suppliers and verify the quality of provided solutions.
- You will investigate billing disputes and suspicious fraudulent traffic on request of the commercial team.
- You will participate in conference calls with VIP customers on technical activities.
- You will analyze quality drops and take appropriate action such as initiating pro-active rerouting, the launch and management of supplier trouble-tickets.
- You will perform pro-active rerouting in close collaboration with market managers and sales managers to maintain an optimized level of cost and selling price.
- You will test new routes in cooperation with traders to improve quality of service levels and possibly optimize the supplier structure.
- You will propose and introduce network and traffic solutions.
- You will propose changes in procedures for other teams and maintain them.
- You will follow up on process improvements.
- Create performance measurements and identify new KPIs to show team performance.
- You will monitor traffic events and coordinate preparation with other technical teams of BICS, assuring good health of all BICS services ( example New Year, summer traffic peaks, Olympic games etc.)
- Any other task(s) as assigned by management.
- You have more than 3 years of experience in Telco Domain.
- A strong understanding of voice domain: calls routing and switching (ISUP/SIP), detailed analysis of codecs and response codes.
- In-depth knowledge of call flows on the international network (roaming cases, MNP, Origin based routing, Is a MUST)
- Experience with identifying of suspicious fraudulent behavior and taking measure to prevent it. Billing chain checks. Fluent in reading signaling, platform and billing CDRs.
- Skills of troubleshooting voice issues and working with switch management interfaces, tracing tools. Statistical analysis is a MUST.
- Knowledge of SS7 stack.
- SMS, SCCP (Location Update, GPRS Location Update) call flows.
- GSM structure.
- DRA, STP functionality.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong communication skills and flexibility to interact with partners in international environment.
- You have a persistent attitude to solve complex issues and you are solution driven.
- You are a team player and like to share knowledge.
- You are customer oriented and stress resistant.
- Experience in using some of the following tools is an added value : CSG Assure, Empirix tracing ,Wireshark, Splunk, QlikView / Qlik Sense, Sales Force
The Package :
- Base Salary (Negotiable).
- Performance related allowance on a quarterly basis for confirmed staff.
- 15 days Annual Leave.
- 14 days Medical Leave.
- Medical and hospitalization insurance coverage.
Experience Required :
- Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia.
Employment Type :